Divine Coincidences

I've had such an incredible week. I'm not going to bore you with a long list of extraordinary occurences, because many of them require too much backstory and are probably much like dreams, far more captivating to the dreamer than anyone else.
But here's a pretty impressive little anecdote:
I went to see 'Conversations with God' on Tuesday, a film adaptation of Neale Donald Walsch's story and in it he says that God speaks to us in "coincidences." The very next day I discovered Vincent library, which I've literally driven past every day since we got here at the beginning of April, but had never seen before. I walked in and picked up 'Thicker than Water: South African Adoption Stories' which happens to be edited by my friend Arthur's girlfriend and contains a chapter by his sister. Wait, it gets better. I read it in one sitting and, unlike all the many other books on adoption I've read, it inspires me and reminds me why we want to do this and what an amazing country we live in.
Which brings me to yesterday.
I've been picking Sihle up from creche for about 2 months now, but yesterday was the first time I saw Inathi, a gorgeous little 2 year old girl. Her mom, Angie, arrived at the same time and we chatted. I felt like we connected instantly and we quickly exchanged numbers and planned to get together soon.
When I got home I picked up 'Thicker than Water' and realised that one of the chapters I'd read the day before was about Inathi and Angie!
Come on!
Incredible hey.
I feel like I've made my first (adult) friend in East London, a woman whose youngest child is 30, but who together with her husband opened their home as a 'place of safety' and so ended up adopting this lovely girl.
Thanks angels.

Comments

Popular Posts