Babymoon


Not unlike a honeymoon really --- the world drops away to the exclusion of one other. And it's not all wine and roses as you come to the deep realisation that this other is forever. Oh my word, you know how people are always saying 'children are hard work.' It's true! Every 2 to 3 hours she needs to be fed, burped and changed. Easy to say, not so easy to do. She has a great appetite but is really gassy, so burping is essential and very time consuming. I already feel like I'm changed more nappies than is humanly possible. There's one other thing: babies cry. Duh. They REALLY cry. And it can make you feel desperate. I always thought people overreacted to their crying babies. That's because their babies weren't mine. It's a fact that blood pressure rises in the presence of a crying baby. It's also true that you'll do anything to make it stop. Which may include throwing all your carefully considered principles to the wind. Eg. I am now the world's foremost lover of the dummy. Sometimes it's the only thing to help you get through the night.
So, basically I'm more grateful for J than I've ever been, I call on all angels and powers that be frequently and I feel like a solid 8 hour sleep will never ever come my way again.
All advice and prayers gratefully accepted.

Comments

Popular Posts