Blood Moon


I am a long time lover of the moon and have blogged about her before ~
Here are some gorgeous photos, music, poetry, yoga and meditation for all you lunatics out there.
And another moon themed piece here.

Right this moment the moon is blood red and a sight to behold.
I noticed this week that my temper was flaring, something that hasn't happened for a very long time. I felt like a much younger version of myself, at the mercy of fluctuating hormones and a lack of self-love.

There was also a lethargy, dare I say, an apathy that felt very much like my old chum depression. 

Yes, it's been a week of holding the fort as my husband's been in Kinshasa. But that's not usually a problem for me and certainly I've enjoyed working from his lovely office and have met up with wonderful friends and hit my word count every day.

And yet....

Then yesterday I learnt of the tragic and violent loss of a friend's father.
It threw me. Opened up old wounds and concerns. Filled my heart with sorrow for their pain.

As I sat out in the wintery cold just now, looking up at the magnificence of the moon, I asked the universe:
"How does one go on?"

It replied with two shooting stars.
I saw them as a cosmic hello from my brother and dear friend Rokela.

Then, as if by magic, my friends and family reached out to me in supportive and unexpected ways.
A veritable barrage of love. 
All this before my hubby let me know that our great friend, Peter Bowles, who we worked with in Afghanistan has succumbed to cancer.
Peter, you were a gentleman and it was incredible meeting a real life super hero who was tracking snow leopards in the Hindu Kush when we first met and went on to do so much for animal and human welfare. Much love to your beautiful girls.

To all my friends mourning during this spectacular, unsettling Blood Moon, all I can say is that two shooting stars bid me a cosmic hello tonight that made me laugh and cry out loud.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of precious know-how about unpredicted feelings.
Anonymous said…
Hiya very nice web site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Superb ..
I'll bookmark your web site and take the feeds also? I'm glad to seek out so many useful information here in the publish, we need work out extra strategies in this regard,
thanks for sharing. . . . . .
Anonymous said…
I don't ordinarily comment but I gotta state regards for the post
on this one :D.
Anonymous said…
I like this site very much so much wonderful information.
Charisse said…
Many thanks <3

Popular Posts