Oink!


Happy Year of the Pig!
I just got back from a Chinese New Year celebration of note at the Nan Hua Buddhist Temple near Pretoria. A little snippet of some kick-arse gumboot dancing above, bringing in the Chinese New Year South African style. These kids are incredible and make me even happier to be here now.
I realise that there's been a bit of a gap since my last post so here's a quick catch-up --
J's home and studying for his Unisa exams (his final year of Honours in Development Studies) which are at the end of the week.
Last weekend we had a bush getaway at glam Makalali (thanks Dad) where we had to smile for the cameras as extras for a promotional video and next weekend we'll be going to the Drakensberg for some 'us' time and to celebrate my 31st in the gorgeous mountains. Then down to Durbs for a rendezvous with J's family.
The past 2 weeks have been packed with friends, family and movies! So many movies to see, so little time. Loved 'Fur', hated 'Volver', so clearly I'm completely out of sync with the Academy. Ah me.
V-day was just perfect, because I had my hubby here with me in the flesh and he spoiled me rotten.
Otherwise I've been getting back to my Pilates classes at the gym, keeping up the beautiful practices I learned in India and slowly digesting my journey.
I can't say for sure yet, but it looks like we will finally have our wish and get to stay in South Africa. It's exciting, but I'm not at liberty to spill any beans just yet.
In the meantime...happiness.

Comments

Bronwyn said…
I think it's today... I think it's today... I think it's today... so here goes - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
What a graceful example you are of how to turn 31 with joy and style! Hope you had a wonderful weekend with your hubby in the berg...
Charisse said…
Thanks honey :)

Popular Posts