Motherhood

Oh my word! Can I believe my eyes...I am actually typing. Have not been able to write a thing on this blog for ages.
Well, seize the day!
Thandi has been with us for 2 and a half months.
She is getting cuter by the second at this point and already it all seems worthwhile.
I'm almost 5 months pregnant (baby due early February 2008). I look and feel very pregnant. Sometimes I love it, but sometimes the aches and pains get in the way.
It's spring!
Honestly we didn't have much of a winter, but still, I love the coming of summer and here we are on the beach for crying out loud. So lucky! Thandi and I walked on the boardwalk and up over the dunes yesterday spotting fabulous birds in the bush. Amazing.
My life has changed BIG time. I'm getting into the groove though. I've accepted that I will never ever again have a shower without hearing the baby cry. It's this bizarre psychic thing that babies have -- if mom has finally found a moment to bathe/lie down/eat...uh-uh, forget about it. At first I really struggled with being 'on duty' 24/7. When J got home in the evenings I handed Thandi over and retreated into the bedroom for some me-time. I felt angry. Impatient. Tired. I think that being in the throes of first trimester pregnancy didn't help at all!
By 2 months Thandi became more a delight than hard work. The smiles...oh those precious smiles. They really do make it all worth while. It's doesn't hurt that she is the sweetest thing and has been sleeping through the night every night from 2 months. We've had a bit of a battle with her skin and think it's an allergy to formula (I spit the word!). We're trying a frightfully expensive imported German goat's milk one now in combination with homeopathy and gemotherapy. We shall see....
Looking forward to our trip to Pretoria next week. It was so wonderful when we went up for Thandi's Naming Ceremony. Everyone really took her into their hearts and we were deeply moved. It's also incredibly wonderful to have a few extra helping hands. At this point it's just me and her and J after hours.
Last night she was snuggling on my big baby bump, ear to belly, when suddenly she smiled a secret smile. I think she and her sibling are colluding already!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice observation, thanks. I don’t visit your blog every day, but when I
visit your blog I enjoy browsing through your old posts and try to catch up
what I have missed since my last visit.

Popular Posts