Things that happened this week

I took the plunge and filmed myself teaching -- watch this space...the uploads are paaaaaainfully slow (though not as painful as watching oneself on camera), but I'm told that patience is a virtue. It should be live imminently and I'm really excited about this new avenue for that thing I always end up doing -- teaching.

I've put a lot of energy into making it all lovely for online learning and I'm longing to share a bunch more courses on this platform. Gosh I love a new avenue for growth and exploration.  It really lights my fire to be on a learning curve.

This was all thanks to an italki student I helped inspire to finish that book he started years ago, then shelved and all but forgot about it. To say that I'm delighted about this would be an understatement.

Today another student told me that I motivated her to START writing...I cried!
Oh the courage to begin it & finish it.
Whatever it is.

En route to an opportunity to help out at the Saartjie Baartman Centre's 1000 Women 1 Voice programme as part of the 16 days of activism, I listened to this remarkable Beautiful Writers podcast by Book Mama with Glennon Doyle Melton of Momastery and Anne Lamott which made me laugh and cry and filled me with inspiration. I hope it will do the same for you! 

As for those women at the Centre (pictured with permission above) -- heroes, every one. To take hold of your life and choose to live it, What a great gift that is to the world.

Comments

Popular Posts