Whinge about the Weather

Have I mentioned the mind-blowing heat?
Perhaps I have, but I'm not sure that I've managed to convey the keyboard melting intensity of it. I thought that winter here was pretty severe. It was -17 inside our house, the bootleg wine froze, we both got frostbite and worst of all the bugaris that we relied on for heat (ha!) cough up lung squeezing fumes that left me feeling like an asthmatic for several months.
So that was winter and it wasn't fun.
Turns out summer is a barrel of laughs too.
It could just be that South Africa, my motherland, ruined me for most of the globe's extremes in climate.
Missives from home complain of a really cold winter. It's averaging 18 during the day. Ag shame hey! (as we say in Seth Efricen ;)
Thank goodness I get a daily breath of fresh air in the form of 'Cloud Atlas', my latest read. Lovin' it!
Also, delightful e-mails from my remarkably witty and courageous friends scattered about the world and brought together in my Inbox.
Thanks buddies, I love you all so much, your words delight me and keep me afloat on this seering sea of sweat. Nothing like going out on alliteration overload.

Comments

Popular Posts