Misty Ghat Tops

I find myself surrounded by hilly jungles, coffee & spice plantations and once again a completely different world unfolds.
I left behind the thousands of maroon clad Tibetan monks in Bylakuppe and entered the Western Ghats. It's cool and green and definitely one of the most peaceful spots in India. Last night I slept like a baby. My meals are served on a terrace overlooking a valley of rice paddies.
The staff are completely bewildered by this lone white woman and give me a lot of kind attention. I've had an informative tour of the plantation and an explanation of how it all works. I must say that everywhere I've been in South India people have been amazed that I'm travelling alone, but everywhere people have been kind.
I'm back in Madikeri, which is a quaint hilltop town, just to check e-mail and visit a few sights.
Hopefully I'll get a bit of trekking in too, though at the moment I'm enjoying unwinding after the frenetic pace of this past week.

Comments

Popular Posts