Bizarre Ice Cream Incident

I've been joining in Laughter Yoga sessions once a week with the glorious Tullio. We had first hand exposure to the founder himself, Dr. Kataria, right here in Pretoria at my mom's Yoga centre. I've got to tell you, it doesn't come easily. At least not for me. Apparently this means I'm not in touch with my Inner Child. I thought that this photo might prove otherwise! Besides which, I eat ice cream for dinner sometimes. Like tonight for instance. Unfortunately the first freezer left the ice cream dangerously mooshy, while the other froze it rock solid. So I left it on the counter with the teaspoon in it and when I came back for a sample, the icy spoon stuck to my top lip and in my fright I yanked it away and...ja. Ouch! So I'm sporting an Angelina lip which tastes salty and hampers smiling.
But that won't keep me from Laughter Yoga tomorrow!
Last week I had a breakthrough and I didn't have to fake it too much. It felt good! And according to everyone I saw afterwards, I looked good too. Bonus!
J gets back from Zambia tomorrow, though I won't see him till Friday since he has to go straight down to East London for the handover. This separation has felt endless. I appreciate e-mail SO much now that I've weathered 2 weeks with little or no communication for days on end. It seems telecommunication in Zambia is not up to scratch. Despite a fairly busy schedule involving family and friends, I've been oh-so-looooooonely.
I'm really looking forward to setting up a home for just the two of us in East London. We'll be driving down on Easter Sunday. Definitely a resurrection of sorts for us. The last time we had a home of our own was in Afghanistan which I left at the end of August and that was rather...dodgy. So this'll be splendid.

Comments

Popular Posts