LOVE


We were so nervous as we approached her crib at the hospital yesterday...until we laid eyes on her. She is pure heaven. We just stroked her and couldn't take our teary eyes off of her. We told the social worker that we wanted to take her home... NOW.
Unfortunately there's a massive strike on the go in South Africa, which means that there's no birth certificate yet and the Department of Home Affairs won't issue any. That's the first hiccup. Once we have proof that she was indeed born on the 6th of June at 4pm, our social worker can then take her case to court. We've asked to be a Place of Safety for her, since that's a much speedier process than full out adoption. The social worker has to try and track down the birth mother and get her to sign the official papers, even though she clearly stated that she wants the baby put up for adoption. There is then a 60 day period in which the mother can change her mind. We are also still waiting for all her test results, though a healthier looking baby I never did see.
I spent all night dreaming about her and all morning holding her and getting to understand her language. So far there seem to be only 2 things she sees fit to communicate: my nappy needs to be changed and I'm hungry.
She is so lovely.
Can't wait to go back.
J and I will bath her this evening.

Comments

Marius said…
Wow, cute! Natasha and myself want one too...

PS: I see we are both 6th of Juners...
Julia said…
How utterly gorgeous she is!

At her age, food and nappies are pretty much her only concerns.
Charisse said…
Yes! That's the first thing I thought when I heard her birthdate! Good company ;) You're both adorable!

Thanks for the kind words...Natasha's e-mail made me cry!

Popular Posts