English Teacher

One of my many incarnations has been as a teacher of ESL (English as a Second Language or even EFL - English as a Foreign Language).
I did it in Japan ... look! Proof:

This was my favourite class (shhhh! Don't tell! Of course teachers don't have favourites).
I taught 3 year olds starting at 10am right up to 80 year olds ending at 10pm...6 days a week. Japan has quite the work ethic! You know those pics of Japanese people passed out on public transportation? It's totally a thing. A thing I understand all too well.
I really miss good cheap sushi though.
I digress.

I also taught English in Afghanistan...

Not to these darling school girls, I just really love this pic taken in a far flung Northern village replete with warlords and poppy fields hemmed in by marijuana hedges. Pretty as a picture. We had a mulberry feast under some tall trees in the heat of the day.
I might be digressing again.

This Blog was actually born during my sojourn in Afghanistan. So if you're interested in that chapter of my story please do go have a look! It's really quite interesting.

Then I volunteered with Masicorp and helped teach English literacy to adults in Masiphumelele which was an absolute delight and made me firm friends all over the Southern Peninsula!

Now I venture into the brave new world of teaching ESL online.
Necessity, the mother of all invention as they say.
Just recording the blessed Youtube intro nearly did me in.
But if you follow this link and decide to learn a new language through italki (it's really cool actually!) then they might give me a few $$$ which would be helpful.


THANK YOU

Comments

Popular Posts