Written in the Stars

 


And yet the selfsame Bard has the Earl of Gloucester, a tragic hero not unlike the eponymous King Lear, point out:

“These late eclipses in the sun and moon portend no good to us.”

 

I have always identified happily as a Pisces, while not really "believing" in astrology at all. However, over the years several astrologer friends have provided deeper insights that have proved particularly helpful. 

 

Astro-Anya gave me a gorgeous illustration of hers when I was drowning in toddlers, simply because it reminded her of my daughter, whom she’d spotted on our daily walk to and from their little school tucked away in the forest down a long and muddy farm road peppered with goats and camels. Yes, my kids grew up in a fairy tale.

 

T Then & Now: Astro-Anya prints (left) & Lili Whiteman (best 14th bday pressie)

 

As thanks to her for this beautiful generosity, I asked her to have my natal chart done and it was so gob-smackingly spot on, that I quickly had my then very little children’s charts done. Followed by my parents and my husband. 

 

Anya and I went on to run a retreat together!
 

Now I am happily ensconced in her Introduction to Astrology Course. 

The insights and depths are just wonderful. 

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPYsSU3JR3b/


 
Most uncomfortably for me I have both a Capricorn moon and ascendant. If you're wondering why "uncomfortable," here are some key words for Capricorn versus my Pisces sun sign: 

 

 

https://www.astrograph.com/learning-astrology/pisces.php


As I drove to class last night I gasped at the sight of Sister Moon rising in Capricorn, larger than life. The effect of the moon on me has always been tremendous. And I've certainly written about her before both as something to work with and something to wonder at

 

I particularly love the latter as it mentions my darling Grandpa who took the exit at the eclipse in December. 

 

https://www.instagram.com/goflow42/

 

 

After a night of medicine dreams I woke to her setting with a full rainbow encircling her.

 

Truly, this world is magical and while I can’t help but agree with the villainous Edmund in King Lear, bastard son to the Earl of Gloucester,

 

"This is the excellent foppery of the world, that, when we are sick in fortune,--often the surfeit of our own behavior,--we make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and the stars: as if we were villains by necessity; fools by heavenly compulsion; knaves, thieves, and treachers, by spherical predominance; drunkards, liars, and adulterers, by an enforced obedience of planetary influence...."

 

I also know for sure that 

So much of mid-life is learning to rest in these dualities. 

To stop apologising for and feeling ashamed about the contradictions in us and around us is one step, then on to the endless process of forgiving, truly and deeply forgiving ourselves and whoever we have cast as the Bad Others in our many stories. 

 

I've had so many Ah-Ha moments lately. Understanding afresh my childhood wounds, my family constellations, the deeeeeeeep habitual patterns and epigenetic karmic cycles. 

 

And simply (although circuitously) making peace with what is. 

Exacty as it is. 

Again. 

 

And again.


Thanks as always to Aparna for her daily haikus 

https://www.instagram.com/withoutaleaf/

The moon is such a babe! Speaking of...here's Olivia Hussey & Leonard Whiting bringing star-crossed lovers Romeo & Juliet so exquisitely to life.



 Just Love. 

It's all there is. 

Ever was and ever will be.


 



PS. One room left on this Winter Warmer Retreat July 1-4 2021 

at beautiful Guinevere Guest Farm near Tulbagh outside of Cape Town. 

 



 

Only R2500 all inclusive of 

heart centred, gentle yet transformative facilitation that includes 

Qi Gong
intuitive yoga
art therapy
walking & seated meditation

deep rest

Insight & peace
Connection & healing

Food & gorgeous accommodation

Large, airy (but warm) space for your safety.

Comments

Popular Posts