Let's call it Synchronicity

If there is magic in this world, and gentle reader I believe it, then let's call it synchronicity.

This week I've been recovering from the powerful full moon of April 30th that left my sleep life more vivid than my waking one.

This week one of my wonderful italki students mentioned a movie I haven't thought of in years ~ The Sheltering Sky, particularly the final scene:



This week my dear grandfather, Ike Swartzberg, who has always favoured me, decided that I MUST contact his cousin Gus Silber who is kind of a big deal writer in South Africa. Here's a succinct bit he penned on the craft of writing. My grandpa is a lawyer and he doesn't give up easily, so despite the fact that my phone is always on silent as I'm either teaching or writing and am 100% phone phobic, he called me on average five times a day to check whether I've contacted his famous cousin yet (I have not).

This morning the aforementioned celebrated writer posted in a Facebook group that I follow, this is not a writerly group by the way, rather a parenting forum for mostly frustrated moms of teens. It was a really kind post and since I've heard his name from the lips of my grandfather more times than I can count this past week I decided to check out his page...where I found this:



Today started out with a beautiful weep.

This week my dear old friend Adalbert sent me a recording of him playing Claire de Lune as featured above. 

This week my Flow student Ilona who gifted me with her Moon Chart the moment we met picked up on my Lunacy and helped transmute it.

Thank you Grandpa, Gus, Pedro, Ilona & Adalbert.
Thank you Sister Moon.



There is MAGIC in this world.

Comments

Popular Posts