Eid muborak!

It's time for the Islamic celebration of Eid, marking the end of the Ramadan fast. That means my beloved will be invited to staff homes for oily sheep. Little kids will be decked out in their dusty best. I arrived in Afghanistan a year ago. Another life.

An actual security warning issued to NGOs in Afghanistan today:
As a general advisory, I would like to remind all NGOs of the possible gunfire on the sky, as an expression of happiness for the upcoming Eid, at the last night of Ramazan (probably on 22 Oct) in region, particularly in major cities. NGOs are advised to avoid being outside/ open area as the possibility of the falling of bullets is high during the gunshots.
Have a nice weekend and happy your Eid.

Meanwhile I sweated it out at Bikram yoga yesterday. No joke. As one buff young man put it to me afterwards: "This is combat yoga." 40 degrees, tough postures, 90 minutes...and I made it! I'm a tough cookie, yeah!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Isn't the Piscean era of punishing the bod over yet?????
Charisse said…
Point taken.
But actually not so much punishing as processing.
Life is for playing.
Once was enough ;)

Popular Posts