Congratulations!

Jason is the new Country Director for the British NGO SPW in South Africa!
I'm so happy and proud of him :)
We'll be based in the coastal town of East London for the foreseeable future. That means everyone has to come and visit us in the spectacular Eastern Cape.
Although New York is technically by the sea, this will be our first time living near a beach as a couple and for that alone I'm really excited.
For more on the programs there and what SPW's all about, click the links.
So, he's off to Zambia on Thursday for a 10 day conference and then we'll both be driving down to East London on the 2nd of April.
In the interim I'll have my hands full trying to sort out our crumbling boxes, as well as gathering up all our odds and ends.
Other good news:
My darling friend Norma is in town with her darling boyfriend. The last time we met was in London on her birthday a year and a half ago, so I'm totally thrilled to see her and have an excuse to hang out with her fabulous family.
I received my copy of Arthur's book 'uTshepo Mde: Tall Enough' yesterday and I'm so honoured that I could be a part of it. It's delightful!
I also received my invitation to a wedding that I'm almost more excited about than I was my own. Karin and Falk are tying the knot, yay :) I couldn't be happier.
That means J and I will be in the Mother City from the 4th till the 13th of May.
Hope to see our Cape Townian maatjies then.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go Jason Go We are so proud of you!!!!

Popular Posts