Human Rights

Yesterday was Human Rights Day in South Africa and I wrote a rather bleak post in the aftermath of my parents being held at gunpoint by four robbers while visiting friends the night before. That post somehow went astray in cyberspace.
The only thing unusual about my parents' experience was that they were left unharmed.
My mom is an avid believer in A Course in Miracles and says that it got her through the ordeal not only in tact, but with something like love for her aggressors.
Of course I'm deeply grateful that my parents weren't killed and I'm so thankful for a mother who can see the bigger picture, especially in a country where negativity too often reigns supreme in the face of outrageous violent crime.
This morning I was reminded of a story that Keith told us on that incredible retreat in November.
Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len cured an entire ward of criminally insane patients in Hawaii by looking at each patient's file over a four year period and saying: "I'm sorry... I love you" over and over again. He took 100% responsibility. Please click on his name above for an inspiring interview with the man and some ideas on how to be the person you want to be and live in the world you want to live in.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi

Thank you for sharing...

Dr Hew Len endorsed my book "The Titus Concept Money For My Best and Highest Good" and is also a great person!

Al Diaz
www.thetitusconcept.com

Popular Posts