Mountain High

I turned 31 in the Drakensberg. It doesn't get much better than that! My main squeeze and I stayed at romantic Sungubala Mountain Camp in the Northern Drakensberg. The name translates as Dragon Mountains and it's a part if the world that's always been very close to my heart. We treated ourselves to loads of breathtaking hikes. This pic was taken on the way to the top of the famed Amphitheatre (that's The Sentinel looming over us) which is almost the highest point in South Africa and included a hair raising climb up chain ladders to the summit. We were rewarded with a view of the world's second highest waterfall at the source of the Tugela River.
I was really proud of J since he has a fear of heights and it was really very high.
We then got cosy with my in-laws in Durbs and celebrated my father-in-law's b-day too.
All in all a fabulous week.
More pics of the mountains. Got a very fancy, very intimidating Canon EOS 400D as a present from J. So intimidating that the photos I've posted on Flickr were all taken with my little Sony Cybershot. Blush.

Comments

Unknown said…
Happy Birthday, beautiful girl!
It seems like a lifetime ago we were celebrating with oddly shaped balloons and even more questionable karaoke singing!
Love to you both.
Anonymous said…
Well written article.

Popular Posts