The balm of company

So after that rather hectic Blood Moon period of looking at all my old patterns and ways of being that I thought I'd long put to rest flare up, I've entered a moment of Wellbeing.
Ah...sweet respite!
The secret actually seems to lie in a little less self-reflection, as so beautifully depicted here, and a little more of looking in the (kind) mirror of others.

I enjoyed a splendid weekend ushered in by a magical Flow session in the company of wise, vulnerable, and joyful women.
At the heart of this Women's Month in South Africa I feel the truth of this so keenly.

Too often we relegate our inner work to the bottom of a very long list of daily chores when really it should be our priority.

It's part of the sickness of our society that all our labour-saving devices have enabled us to work around the clock. We can keep ourselves endlessly distracted and "BUSY."

The brilliant Brene Brown put it beautifully:
I find that even our leisure pursuits can be rather...exhausting!
So this weekend I cooked with friends and tea partied with other friends and laughed and shared and ...abracadabra!
The weight of it all just dissipated.

This gorgeous rainy Monday I have been blessed with more meaningful interaction and the richness of congress with like-minded others. 

Choose your friends wisely, cherish them, because they can literally lift your spirits when you need it most.

Thank you my angels.
You are the wind beneath my wings (I couldn't resist ;)
                                                                                                
Subscribe to Foot Sore & Fancy Free by Email
And please verify your email address (remember to check your spam folder)
Thanks ever so much :) 

Comments

Popular Posts