Release & Create: A New Year Process Art Workshop in Pretoria

Last year I was lucky enough to spot an ad inviting me to experience the ASTAR process, which is a profoundly revealing and supportive process of therapeutic art making.
I never even took Art classes at school and if anything thought of myself as someone who "can't draw," but I took the leap of faith and it was life changing.

I really mean that.

I was stumbling in the darkness of years long depression, grieving the sudden loss of many who were dear to me, including my brother who took his own life.

The school that I gave my whole life to building up had been cut down and I found myself at a major crossroads. No job, not much hope...what was a 40-something to do?

ART!

Not just any art though, this specific process. It's vulnerable, sensitive, playful & peaceful. It was the balm my weary soul was craving. It unleashed my dreams. The dreams I hadn't dared to dream since my girlhood. It gave me the courage to create a life worth living.

I directly credit Zelda and her Heartwing Studio for giving my heart wings.

Thanks to the work we did together I created Flow ~ finally mustering the courage to follow my passion. I also became what I had always wanted to be ~ a Writer!

I absolutely loved collaborating with Zelda on our Spring Retreat.
The participants found it profoundly revealing and healing to experience this process. It was also FUN :)

Maggie deep in process on Retreat. Thank you for the photo Susana Esteban.
Both Zelda & I happen to hail from Pretoria and will be home for Christmas. We are very excited to be able to use my mom's beautiful studio there to present a special New Year's workshop to facilitate releasing the old and creating the life we want to live in 2019.

Please join us on Friday December 28th from 9am to 1pm for some magic at the Yoga Connection, 243 Brooks Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria.

I will do a little gentle meditation and movement before Zelda guides us through the gentle transformation.

Oh...and Zelda's legendary tea is included... all for just R300.
Just a few of Zelda's killer dips and tasty tidbits
This is the Christmas present you really really want and need. For you & your loved ones.
Take some time out during the frantic season to centre your mind and mindfully move forward.

I can't wait!

Please visit our Facebook Event or contact me at goflow42@gmail.com

Here's just one of the magical experiences I participated in at Heartwing

Comments

Popular Posts