Qi Gong ~ powerful energy healing

I was lucky enough to participate in the International Health Qi Gong Federation's training over five intense days at Kim Loong's Wushu Centre in Cape Town.



We learned three forms:
Yi Jin Jing
This form is focussed on healing the muscles and tendons of the body and is brought to us through the famous Shaolin monks who used it to stay fit. Here's a cool little write up and video about that.
The video below uses the exact technique and music/voice guidance that I was taught by my Chinese masters. It also very usefully provides a back and front view.

It won't be possible to learn all the subtleties from following a video nor can the powerful group energy be replicated, but it's a good taster and reminder to me to stay on track with my practice, which I have been doing daily and reaping the rewards. I am impressed by the instant shift in energy and the beautiful calming and soothing quality which is what I have so loved about my Tai Chi practice over the past year.



Daoyin Yangsheng Gong Shi Er Fa
This advanced form is a beautiful dance between the yin and the yang. It works deeply into the organs and meridians of the body. Indeed, for such subtle movement it has a very profound effect on the energetic body. I felt myself quite wiped out during the course, which granted was very intense and comprised of long hours. Now as I work with it more gently I'm deeply moved by the grace of this profound spiritual practice.

Again I'm sharing this particular video because it's the closest to the "correct" way in which I was instructed. Don't get me wrong, I myself question these notions of right and wrong especially when a practice is so ancient and will naturally have as many permutations as there have been practitioners over the centuries. I'm not a joiner and don't like to adhere to one modality above all others. Rather I respect the truth in all things. However, I cannot question the powerful effect of the practice as it has been taught to me and the thoroughness of our instructors who took great pains to correct us and ensure that we had embodied every last detail.

The subtleties of this form will likely take me years to master, but I'm enjoying the journey.


I look forward to sharing this beautiful form on the Moon Retreat which I'm co-hosting with the phenomenal Astro-Anya Kotzuba. For more details on our offering in an exquisite mountain home with unparalleled sea views please click the link below.
https://www.facebook.com/events/2475401192504977/

Wu Qin Xi
The playful 5 animals that also reveal so much of our own human nature in taking on the gestures and spirit of the tiger, deer, bear, monkey and crane.
This one has been the most fun to do with my own children.
So much so that I'm offering a workshop for kids over these school holidays, collaborating with my dear friend Jen Johnson who is a qualified Waldorf kindergarten teacher and children's Yoga teacher.
https://www.facebook.com/events/668312690276465/




I'm excited to be offering an Introduction to Qi Gong workshop at the beautiful Yoga Connection in Pretoria.


I hope to see you at one of these workshops or at Flow in Noordhoek, Cape Town.
Have fun with energy, it's everywhere and freely given.
We might as well make the most of it. It's certainly the most powerful force I know and gently yet powerfully transformative.

In parting, here's the classic Liu Zi Jue which works into the organs using sound.


Subscribe to Foot Sore & Fancy Free by Email
And please verify your email address (check your junkmail!)
Thanks :) 

Comments

Popular Posts