Winter Solstice Walks

"The night is dark and full of terrors" was the incantation of the Red Witch in the sorely missed "Game of Thrones." Lately the night has been bright with full moon splendour and full of dreams. It's been a tumultuous time with Cape Storms of dramatic intensity.


“I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration, I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.”

Haim G. Ginott, Teacher and Child: A Book for Parents and Teachers

It's our mid-year school holidays, a full three weeks of juggling my several jobs and stimulating workshops for my tweens. The days are short but busy. Part of me longs for hibernation and another part yearns for adventures. 

As my mom so wisely assessed - my backpack is always packed and ready to hit the trail. 
Come walk with me!
 


This "Secret Season" in Cape Town is ever so lovely. The fynbos is lush, the air crisp and clear. I highly recommend a mountain ramble for clearing the cobwebs and gaining some clarity. 

Subscribe to Foot Sore & Fancy Free by Email
And please verify your email address (check your junkmail!)
Thanks :) 
 

Comments

Popular Posts