I need a holiday

Had to get up for a 6am massage. I know I know, it doesn't sound like too much of a hardship. But this dear Indian lady is a little rough and ready. She rubs you up thoroughly, no muscle is left unturned, then steams you.
The upside is the hot water. Still, very difficult to get the oils out of my hair. So now I have the standard ashram greasy look.
Missed out on the morning walk. Twice a week we walk in silence to the other side of the very pretty Neyyar Dam and look out over the Western Ghats (mountains), then chant our little hearts out.
I was also told to take it easy after my massage, just the ticket for skipping the deadly boring and difficult as hell asana classes.
They teach by rote and I could and probably do go through the whole damn thing in my sleep.
It's funny because most of the other inmates seem to enjoy the asana. I figure they just don't know any better. All the subtletly and variety of yoga postures are completely ignored.
The TTC have mostly dissipated. That's 200 less in the ashram and some peace is settling in, though now there are a lot of gaps in the Karma Yoga and so on top of mopping the dining hall, I lugged huge pales of rice and sambhal and drums of poppadoms all the way from the kitchen.
Gotta sign out, my 15 minutes on the pc are up.
Hari Om Tat Sat

Comments

Popular Posts