Varkala -- Beach Paradise


I survived the ashram and was a little bit sad to say goodbye. Especially to some of the lovely individuals I met there -- Malin, a choreographer from Sweden imbued with serenity; Rajesh, a Brahmin of uncompromising good spirits and generosity; Lee, a sunny Vietnamese-Australian, and so on...
The day that J arrived I ended up waiting from 3 in the afternoon until his actual arrival at 9 that night, his flight was delayed due to heavy fog in Delhi. Thank goodness for Rajesh (an Indian version of Colin Farrell) who plied me with chai and biscuits and promised to help me find a new hubby if this one never turned up.
When J did eventually arrive I couldn't stop smiling :)
He enjoyed his one day at the ashram, especially the yummy satvic veg thali.
We left yesterday early and checked into paradise.
Bold red cliffs thick with tall coconut palms and delightful thatched restaurants and shops. Lovely sandy coves and a warm gentle Arabian Sea.
Hmmm mmm mmmm.
Just slurped down yet another coconut & pineapple lassi.
Lovin it :)
Have also bumped into just about all of my ashram buddies, unrecognisable in beach gear & suntans.
Tomorrow we board our own private rice boat and drift off on the serene Keralan backwaters. We're planning to pop in at Amma's crazy ashram and to take in a few ancient Hindu temples and the like.
Tonight I'd like to catch a Kathakali performance -- the surreal Keralan religious dance art.
Sending sunshine and good vibes from Varkala.
Big love!

Comments

Popular Posts