Drunken Monkey

They say that the Mind is like a drunken monkey stung by a scorpion.
I had two rather yucky days. They included incidents such as chipping in to serve food out of the goodness of my heart only to have it thrown back at me with a 'What are you thinking?!?!?!?' and this by a man whom I had respected and liked during my stay here. Then my shoes were taken. For the second time.
It's hard to expalin to anyone who hasn't been in this kind of environment how the smallest incidents can just shake you to the very core.
So there was a bit of despondency and tetchiness to contend with last night.
My mom and I ommmmmm-ed ourselves to sleep as per usual last night and I made a resolution to be good. Swami Sivananda used to say 'Bear insult, bear injury, highest sadhana' and it would seem that his ashram likes to give you plenty of opportunities to try that out ;)
So yes, I'm having a splendid day.
I clapped and sang my heart out at the crack of dawn, went off without too much resistance to do the same damn exhausting asana again (as J put it 'practice makes perfect...NOT), nodded my head off in agreement during the lecture on 'Positive Thinking' and mopped my floors with glee (Caroline says that Karma Yoga sounds like slave labour ;).
The cherry on top: an e-mail from J saying he's coming early!!!
He was meant to arrive in Trivandrum on Friday, but he'll be here on Wednesday. So hopefully the ashram will waive its 3 night minimum stay policy and allow him to spend 2 nights here. Groooooovy.
He also sent me this classic horoscope for yesterday:
'Letting go of your expectations can be a crucial key to having good
old-fashioned fun today. Forget about all the reasons that you
shouldn't do what's being offered.'
Classic.
Om Shanti shanti shanti
Yours in bliss...
Chamundi

Comments

Popular Posts