Pounding the Keyboard: I'm a writer y'all!

People are paying me to write. Seriously. It's the best thing ever. I wrote a lot of articles over the long weekend on everything from what to look for when you hire a freelance designer to how to get your startup going. I love it. It feels like winning the lottery. Finally I know what to do with my skill set and proclivity to learn just about everything I can as quickly as I can, digest it and then share it with other people. Yay. I'm obviously a late bloomer to the opportunities of online employment but man it feels good to be able to contribute rather than just consume content.

I also had to come to terms with the fact that video rules at the moment, so at the incessant prompting of fiverr I managed to make a video intro. It's really tough when writers, the most introverted group of people on earth, who'd rather spend all day alone with the words in their heads than do just about anything else, have to cough up a YouTube video. But here it is:

 

Warning: Fairies were harmed in the making of this video.

Me & My beach...lucky all round
Fortunately I balanced out the many hours spent researching and writing with gorgeous walks on our stormy beach, in the mountains and mushroomy forest with my family. I just loved the long weekend. It was much needed downtime for my children and it was beautiful to see them reconnect when they weren't so busy at school, with extracurriculars and friends.

Nothing odd about finding this "Save the Date May 1st" creepy AF abandoned building in the middle of the forest


ON May 1st

The only downside is that my novel has been completely neglected while I met the demands of being a hired hand. Better get back to it!

At my STANDING DESK!!! I mentioned to my hubby that I wasn't sure about all this sitting (it's the new smoking and all) and voila, this beauty materialized. I love it. It smells really good too.

Artisanal Homegrown Standing Desk


Comments

Popular Posts