Getting back into the Flow

One of the gifts of travel is what happens to our perceptions in the wake of returning home.
Realising that this road is the one I get to drive down on a daily basis...
#nofilter Just the dawn Winter Light and Chapman's Peak in the Fairest Cape in ALL the WORLD
Truly. How magnificent is that?! If you have to play the role of mom's taxi, there's no better place to do it.

Also to see the truth of this...
In the seasons - coming from the height of European Summer to the heart of Winter - but just as significantly in the struggles I see my friends and myself going through.

Some have become parents for the first time, others grieve the loss of the family they once trusted in and I wrestle with a whole new menopausal me.

Getting back into the studio this past week has been just the thing to iron out my travel-weary body and bring the lessons learned into focus.

Anico Mostert's print on the left, "Slaapplekkie vir jou", Izzy Dooley's "Cosmic Caring" on the right
I was given this beautiful silk-screened farewell gift by Izzy, who moved to England, before I left for my three week expedition. And on my return her classmate Anico gifted me with its companion. I love how they complement one another and remind us that there is wholeness, caring and rest.
So important to allow that. 
Gratitude to you both.

We have been permitting ourselves to slip back into the Flow of body~breath~mind and our making has been sublime.

 I'm really grateful for the balm of this healing space and the kind souls that meet me here to play and grow. 
Thank you one and all. 
Flow Classes are Mondays and Fridays 8:30-10am, 
Tuesdays 6-7:30pm. 
Only R100, R50 reduced rate. 
Come and enjoy BEing. 




 This past week was Mandela Day and I really appreciate this opportunity to serve and remember a great leader. It cemented my joy at being home in South Africa again. 


My family and I participated in an opportunity to meet some of the homeless people living in our valley and it was really powerful hearing their incredible stories of courage, loss, humility and inspiration. 

I can recommend taking the time to listen to people. It's healing for both sides.

People need to be heard as well as fed
I can also recommend listening to or reading Obama's Mandela Day Lecture, no matter your politics. He offers a hopeful view of the current moment with eloquence and a sense of humour, as well as personal responsibility.

It's been beautiful feeling how lucky I am to be here now.
I'm hard at play writing my third book and relishing my children at this age of growing independence.

My sweet mom sent me this:
Thanks to my italki students for your delightful voices, I missed our awesome conversations while I was away, and to my Flow tribe and to my readers -- I am so grateful for who you are.

In case you need an extra dose of inspiration, check out this courageous bright soul and get busy LIVING!


Please Subscribe to Foot Sore & Fancy Free by Email
And remember to verify your email address (check your junkmail!)
Thanks ever so much :) 

Comments

Popular Posts