Soul Food: Healing the homeless

Last night my angel Heartwing art teacher Zelda and I undertook our first feeding of the local homeless community -- I recorded some of their moving stories at Dignity Day and my own journey getting to know John here.
Our debut dinner of delicious soup prepared by multi-talented big-hearted Zelda
With organic produce purchased from the wonderful Neighbourhood Farm project
Both of us feel strongly that we'd love to bring the healing art process to this community.

It's not enough to feed the body, our souls are hungry too.
The homeless know what it is to suffer from this insatiable hunger which often leads to addiction and isolation. This profound art process has helped me heal from my own struggle with depression and trauma.

It only costs R200 per participant for facilitation, art supplies and nourishing food -- this for a 3 hour healing art workshop. Any excess will go towards our weekly feeding scheme or future workshops.

No amount is too small. Please consider sharing the word.
We hope that you will come and experience this life-changing art process for yourself at Heartwing Studio.

We are all in need of healing. And helping is one of the best paths to healing I've found.
Many thanks for your generosity.

Here's our BackaBuddy fundraising campaign or you can contact me here.

Comments

Popular Posts