To Blog or Not to Blog

What to say. I feel raw. No good reason...maybe physical exhaustion, PMS (never to be underrated), the stars, intestinal parasites, bad kharma, who knows.
I've been procrastinating and reading through blog buddy (as opposed to someone I've known in the flesh) acg's site. I'm struck by how accurately she maps out all the misgivings I've had about this blogging business. The boundaries of private/public and just how far would be too far. Since I primarily started this thing to keep my family and friends, of incredibly diverse sensibilities, in touch with me who feels so out of touch, shouldn't I just keep it simple, bland, inoffensive? I suffer from the 'can't we all get along' syndrome. You know, gotta keep everyone happy.
Acg said at the start of her blog, about a year back, that she shouldn't be troubling herself over these ethical questions since no one's reading anyway. I giggled because her map thingy is clocking an impressive number of hits. So really, congrats on being honest.
Forgive me if I say anything that offends, but more to the point, forgive me if I pussy foot around issues.

Comments

ACG said…
The line between public and private is blurry.

I like blurry lines. They add amiquity... the spice of life.

Thanks for all the comments-- as well as the mention in the blog post.

I honestly don't know too much about South Africa. I must learn. I'll let you know if I have any questions--- is that alright?

Take care,

Anna.
Charisse said…
Bring it on
Bang a gong
Bring it on

ie. Yes, I'd be more than happy to field any ??? about my oh so lovely land :)

Popular Posts