Joie de Vivre!


In exactly 4 weeks we will embark on a whirlwind globetrot, well, EU-trot mostly.
Kabul -- Delhi -- Paris (3 days 2 nights) -- Brussels (4 days 5 nights) -- Copenhagen (3 days 2 nights) -- London -- Johannesburg (3/4 weeks at home-sweet-home).
Can't wait to revisit Paris, it's been 10 years...how did that happen?!
Brussels and Copenhagen will be a first. Yippee yay yay :)
Only regret, Olympic Airlines is going bust, so no stop over in Athens en route to South Africa :/
And can't wangle a layover in London, sorry mates.

I'm tap dancing in my seat as I poach tidbits from Rough Guide and Lonely Planet. It was a bit of a nightmare organising Schengen visas from here. And what's up with paper tickets?!?! Good grief.

Other great news, my protege (yesterday's post) is smart as a whip, shows GREAT promise and has a pledge from her fiance that he'll let her go to Kabul University to study next year.
Things are looking up :)

P.S. A Google search for 'funky world map' yielded very disappointing results and since I have a thing for old maps, that's what you got.

Comments

Julia said…
Ooh, yummy traveling! Now that I'm not as tired, I'm regretting a bit that we didn't go to the Grand Canyon yesterday. Of course, it's not like we won't ever have another opportunity to go, since we come to Arizona several times a year.

Now, I'm recommending my favorite Paris restaurant, Le Roi de Pot au Feu. It's at 34 rue Vignon, close to the Madeleine-Havre Caumartin. Such great food, and I'm half in love with the waiter/co-owner. Il est adorable!
Charisse said…
Oooo, thank you for the recommendation! I planned on tapping you for some ideas on what we should get up to in gay Pareeeee. Food is at the top of the list, bien sur. I'll let you know how the garcon is doing ;)
NORMA said…
Hey!
Make sure you come see me me me!
Charisse said…
Sorry babe. No layover in London this time. Boo-hoo :(

Popular Posts